Aftercare Services Manager East London Up to £32,000
Our Client, a Charitable Organisation seek an Aftercare Services Manager to support residents in transitioning to independent living and to offer ongoing support following their move-on to minimise the risk of returning to homelessness.
- Identify residents who would like to move on to independent living (as the project starts this will also include residents who have recently left the charity accommodation).
- Manage a caseload and adhere to case management guidelines.
- Formulate support plans and liaise with residents as they approach their leave date to help them think about the practicalities of managing their new tenancy and day-to-day living.
- Document what aftercare services are required to support the service user to settle into their new environment e.g. frequency of contact, help with finances, finding employment, involvement in the local community, accessing local services.
- Give practical, personal, and emotional support to service users to meet assessed needs to maintain and promote their health, physical, mental and social development and well-being. This will be done either with individuals or within a group work environment within a variety of settings.
- Undertake home visits (where required) with another member of the Welfare and Housing Team.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of service user questionnaires/surveys.
- Assist with investigating housing opportunities within the local area and countrywide.
- Maintain clear and confidential records
The successful candidate will have experience of working with people who are or have been homeless, Case management experience and excellent communication skills.